Sunday, April 25, 2010

Day 85 - Peter's Brand Classics

Tonight, it isn't about the beer really, mainly because I got back home this afternoon, and this was the only non-domestic/non-repeat I had left (note to self, go to beer store tomorrow...). I may get around to taking and posting a picture, but then, maybe not.

Actually, it is almost exactly like the Orangeboom of day 28. A "dutch-style" lager brewed in Germany - by the same company actually. Basically, same beer, different name....

Specs:

Full Name: Peter's Brand Classics
Brewed by: Hofbrauhaus Wolters (under license from Union Export Brewery)
From: Braunschweig, Germany
ABV: 5%


I have to wonder who, I mean seriously, who, is the market for this beer? It is totally indistinguishable from most major domestics. After 3/4 of the can (16 oz, which isn't a real selling point in my book), the only thing I can think of is that people like to look like they are drinking a fancy import, but don't really want to have it taste different than what they are used to. Clearly, someone out there came up with this very clever marketing scheme to take advantage of this. Perhaps this is where the saying "a fool and his beer money are easily parted" came from...

2nd reminder to self, go to store tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment