Saturday, April 10, 2010

Day 70 - Gonzo

So, didn't get a chance to get to the beer store today, so had a choice of this or this, so I flipped a coin and got this.....

The last of my brother Ned's contributions to the cause, and another clear attempt to sway me to the dark side, but while this one may have won a gold medal at some beer world cup, it won't make it into one of my glass cups anytime soon.


Specs:


Full Name: Gonzo Imperial Porter
Brewed By: Flying Dog Brewery
From: Denver Co and via special agmt - Fredrick MD
ABV: 7.8% (one redeeming feature perhaps)


My initial reaction was that someone had added a handful of hops and coffee grounds to a sweet, heavy red wine, and then left it to age open in the sun for a while. Yes, I know there are some out there that probably think this is a killer brew, and that the label is cool with a cowboy-hatted skeletor saying "ok, let's party", but they probably suffer from tendonitis of the pinky from holding it out too much....
Tomorrow, it's definitely a trip to the store, and hopefully to find a few more tasty beers. I still give props to my bro, for helping me make it through this week!

2 comments:

  1. Last One? What 'bout the Magic Hat No 9, Not Quite Pale Ale?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kinda looks like Hunter S. Thompson on the label there. Which, I guess, makes sense!

    ReplyDelete