Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day 81 - Harpoon Summer Beer

The good news, this one is better than the banana beer last night. Alas, that is like setting the bar from an inch to a foot for a high jump contest...

Perhaps my mistake was attempting to drink a summer beer in the spring, but given I had a limited option at the moment, this was going to be inevitable anyway. What it lacks in distinctive flavor, it balances with a lack of color and aroma. Sure if you were so inclined, you could probably drink a fair number of these easily, but why?

Specs:

Full Name: Harpoon Summer Beer
Brewed by: Harpoon Brewery
From: Boston MA
ABV: 5.0%

Actually, reading the label tells me that it is brewed in the kolsch style, which I believe I have recently expressed a only minor regard for. It's all good, because someone, somewhere, actually likes and drinks this style, thusly leaving the ones I prefer more readily available.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment