Saturday, April 24, 2010

Day 84 - Hop Rod Rye

Back in Durham, but brother Ned is off taking his daughter Erin to check out a potential summer camp, so no camera again. The label is rather colorful at least....

Given the name, this one indeed leads and ends with hops, but has a less-than-subtle sweetness as well. The color is on the reddish side of apple cider.


Specs:

Full Name: Hop Rod Rye
Brewed By: Bear Republic Brewing Co
From: Healdsburg CA
ABV: 8.0%

So, this one took a gold medal at the 2009 CA state fair. Hum, not sure I would go that far, either trans-continentally or beeritually (the attainment of that certain consciousness one attains whilst drinking good beer...), but it is ok. Perhaps it loses me with the sweetness, or perhaps I am tired. It has been a long week, but mom is doing better, and I have been able to spend time with my dad, brothers, a sister-in-law, a nephew and a niece, and that has been a gift in all of this.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment