Thursday, April 22, 2010

Day 82 - Rigor Mortis

I'm back at my brother Ned's after a quick trip to Pinehurst, and this is one we picked out the other day to help fill the pipeline at his house.

This one is very complex, and it is taking a while to come up with the words to describe it, and I fear, will take even longer to actually drink the half of it I have (after sharing with Ned...). I think I will wait until after the specs to really get into it.


Specs:

Full Name: Rigor Mortis Abt
Brewed by: Microbrasserie Dieu Du Cieli
From: Quebec Canada
ABV: 10.5%


Delay tactics are up....

heavy malty sweetness, like molasses mixed with rubber cement, a murky brown color.. ok, I give up, to quote Ned, it is the Salutatorian of summer school..;>)


the favs remain unchallenged: Lion Lager, Singha, Hazed and Infuzed

1 comment:

  1. Clearly we should have paid more attention to the fine print on the label that said it had a taste of chocolate and caramel. I guess you would say cooked sugar has a taste of caramel also, since that is what it is! The first sip of this was OK, though very sweet. The caramel 'taste' was almost novel. However, the novelty quickly wore off and in the end (3rd swallow) it was cloyingly sweet and difficult to finish. The twist off cap really should have clued us in on this one ...

    ReplyDelete