Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day 87 - Cristal

Sometimes, even with low expectations, some beers can't exceed them. I hadn't had a beer from Peru, and to be honest, got this for that reason without a high expectation.

It's great to be wrong (and I know, as I am frequently.. ;>) ) This is actually a good beer, maybe even a very good beer, for a non-palie that is.... It is a very light yellow, and has a clean, crisp personality. I'm betting that some people would treat this like a Corona, and add a lime, but it is good just as is. It's not going to break up my top 3, but I'd definitely not be ashamed to have a six pack of these in my fridge, especially for good friends that maybe don't share my taste for hops.

Specs:

Full Name: Cristal "Beer from the Andes"
Brewed By: Union De Cervecerias Peruanas Backus Y Johnston SAA
From: Lima, Peru
ABV: 5%


I took a break from US beers, and it worked out pretty good. I still have come up with a good reason for the seeming inequity in beer creation in the US, but it can wait. I mean I still have 270+ to go.... ;>)

Last thought, this one definitely wins the longest name for a brewer award.

No comments:

Post a Comment