Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day 88 - Wittekirke

Tonight's main course is humble pie....

I bought this one with every expectation that I wouldn't like it, and eagerly planning to play the martyr. I mean, what Belgian wheat have I tried that I came even close to liking before? The only thing typical wheat about this beer is that is is almost milky cloudy, with just a faint hint of yellow. Darn it, I even have to admit I almost like it....curses.


Specs:

Full Name: Wittekerke
Brewed By: Bavik
From: Harelbeke-Bavikhove, Belgium
ABV: 5%


It's really tough when I get myself all worked up to go one direction, and then have to switch gears like this. No, it doesn't have anything to do with the additional mass I have accumulated since beginning this endeavor, that's just a normal body reaction to the cold we've had.... In this case, this beer really probably would be best in the summer, as it tends towards light refreshment, but I see it's potential. Is it good enough to crack my top 3, no, but it does reinforce why I am doing this, and the fun of having to eat your ego and expectations.

If you like a nice, smooth very slightly sweet wheat with no bitterness or funky spice, this one is a very good option.

No comments:

Post a Comment