Saturday, April 3, 2010

Day 63 - Leinenkugels

The more beer I drink, the more I discover that life really is a balance. Certainly, if you drink enough, you might lose your balance, but that is a separate issue... ;>)

So late this afternoon, dad arranged another fishing trip to a private pond (maybe 7-8 acres in size, 4 or 6 properties bordering it), and off we went with Ellie. It was like fishing in a bath tub, almost a fish on every cast, and not really picky about which fly I used. Mostly large bluegills but a few bass as well. Total opposite of yesterday.

I should have seen this coming..... This is the pride of Chippewa Falls and has been brewed since 1867, but hum, I'd be tempted to find somethng else to boast about. It has taken me half a bottle to figure out the taste of this, but what comes to mind is those Pez candies, chalky sweet. Ah well, last nights palie was good.... Funny thing, I did have another beer right when I got back tonight which was good, but being a bit thirsty, drank it down and thus didn't have it available to blog on.

Specs:

Full Name: Leinenkugels Sunset Wheat

Brewed By: Jacob Leinenkugels Brewery

From Chippewa Falls, WI

ABV: 4.9%

The top 3 are in no danger here. I'm not sure even a pure wheatnik would really like this, as it lacks the depth of a good wheat, but clearly the people of WI have supported this for a long time. I suppose the old saying "ignorance is bliss" has found it's home here..... ;>)

No comments:

Post a Comment