Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 191 - Orange Blossom Cream Ale

Sigh, yes, I know, I really should know better, and yes, I know, I really should have found the time to get to the store today to replenish the pipeline. Sadly, knowing is not doing....

A pale, but bright, yellow seems lulling almost. Even the aroma doesn't give much hint of the calamity to come. Then the drink leads to an interesting discovery. If you hold this beer in the front of your mouth, only the tickling of the bubbles on your tongue tell you something is there. Alas, at some point you must choose to swallow this, and that is when you are whelmed by the overpowering fruity sweetness. It almost is enough to bring tears to the eyes, that this poor beer is desecrated such.

Specs:

Full name: Orange Blossom Cream Ale
Brewed By: Buffalo Bill's Brewery
From: Hayward CA
ABV: 5.2%

The only analogy that I can think of to really describe this is like putting your favorite hunting dog in a tutu. I mean, take your best friend and humiliate it, to the extent that is possible. Why do they do this to beer! I am sure this path will most likely include more frubees, but this one really sets the bar low.....

No comments:

Post a Comment