Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day 204 - Golden Cap

Well, this one has a pretty cool label, and is made with spelt, a wheat ancestor....

The 3rd from this brewer, and the other 2 were pretty good, so was going for the trifecta. Alas, it just doesn't get there for me. A very light color, and definitely can taste the wheat-like influence. Blech.


Specs:

Full Name: Golden Cap Saison Ale
Brewed By: New Holland Brewing Co
From: Holland MI
ABV: 6.25%


Per the website, this is supposed to invoke "fresh cut hay and cracked peppercorn". In my opinion, I just like a little salt on my hay, as pepper tends to overpower it... If you are a wheatnik, go ahead and try it, you might like it. Also noted on their website is a spiced pumkin ale they make in the fall. Will I be strong enough to resist such a thing come Holloweeen?...

No comments:

Post a Comment