Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day 193 - Yards IPA

The 2nd from this brewer, and another winner. Philly is not that far away, and maybe rising on the list of places to visit to drink beer. Actually, I had just read an article the other day about the benefits of drinking beer, so really this turns out to be a healthy year long present to myself, kind of like exercising, but not... ;>)

I start to get excited when I pour the beer and it has a russet orange color and dry aroma. Most good palies seem to share that characteristic. Still, it comes down to when it passes the gums, and this one is yummo. Very citrusy, with a subtle sweet undertone.

Specs:

Full Name: Yards IPA
Brewed by: Yards Brewing Company
From: Philadelphia PA
ABV: 7%

Sadly, the best beers are usually empty by the time I get to this part of the blog, so my thoughts wander aimlessly, lost in the fact I haven't got a 2nd. Ah well, maybe next time I'm filling the pipeline a six or 2 of this might fall into the cart...

I'm wishing there were another 172 palies to finish the year on, but I am resigned to the fact that isn't likely, and at some point, I will have to risk another fruited beer. the best I can hop is that I follow it with something of this caliber.

No comments:

Post a Comment