Friday, August 27, 2010

Day 209 - Merlins Ale


Tonight, a new beer purchased for me by wife and daughter as my pipeline was thin, and I needed one to tide me over. They were able to pick one I haven't had before because it was $4/bottle, and they knew I was too cheap to have bought one in that range. The truth occasionally is a good thing... ;>)

Not quite the autumnal orange of my favorite palies, and a tad towards sweet rather that dry, but all in all, a well-balanced beer that does demand some attention while being drunk.

Specs:
Full Name: Merlins Ale
Brewed By: Broughton Ales Ltd
From Scotland
ABV: 4.2%
Ok, even though this one is in a pint bottle, it doesn't carry a high ABV impact, so a rather calm friday night, which isn't so bad. Caught up today with an old fraternity brother (Jay Hill) I hadn't talked to in a long time. He says there's a really good local beer down in Greensboro, so will have to pick one up next time I'm down in NC visiting my mom.
Here's to old friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment