Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day 206 - Peg Leg

So beef for dinner lent itself to me going for the stout tonight. A 2nd from this brewer, with a long time in between.

So, the beer.... A color the deep brown of dark chocolate, and the taste, well, imagine sucking on a cold coffee grounds bag......

Specs:

Full Name: Peg Leg Imperial Stout
Brewed By: Clipper City Brewing Co
From: Baltimore MD
ABV: approx 8%

All in all, this one is growing on me though, so maybe there is an acquired taste to stouts, that certainly I haven't found in the frubees. I'm heading up (aka being dragged along...) to King of Prussia PA this weekend to go to the big mall up there with Elizabeth. Oh the price one has to pay when one has a daughter...
Hopefully though, I'll find a good beer store and find some local brews that I haven't had yet. At least that is what I tell myself!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, stop by Hearne Hardwoods in Oxford on your way. The price a daughter must pay for a dad that takes her to the mall ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang it!!! I didn't see this until after I just got back... She actually was in such a good mood, she might heve even allowed me too.. :>) Still, had a excellent weekend just bering away overnight.

    ReplyDelete