Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 194 - The Poet

Another 2nd beer, and another winner. Given we had Thai food for dinner (from our favorite restaurant, and ordered while sitting at the bar having a Singha... ;>), I had to wait a while before cracking this one open. I mean oatmeal stout and Thai food is too scary.

So this is kinda like my dessert, and all in all, it's pretty good. Perhaps I am developing more of a taste for this style, but the black color and roasted malt taste grows on me. This one in particular has a bold taste but clean finish, which is probably what I find so appealing.

Specs:

Full Name: The Poet Oatmeal Stout
Brewed By: New Holland Brewing Co
From: Holland MI
ABV: 5.2%


Given the label and name, I was looking for some link to Edgar Allen Poe, but it isn't mentioned. I'll just make one up then...

In glass container waits a beery, to be drunk to make one cheery,
dark in color, sweet malt taste, last drop slurped, there is no waste,
empty bottle brings a pout, finally I like a stout....

No comments:

Post a Comment