Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day 126 - Old Chub

So tonight we drove like half way across the state (to Belfast, which is only 7 miles across the water, can actually see it from the cabin when it is clear) to meet friends of my dad's for dinner. The best part about the trip, besides good company, was that we got there early, and were directed to a brew pub, which had a very tasty selection. I brought back a growler of a 10% ABV IPA that is excellent. Alas, that is not what I am drinking for the blog tonight.....

This is the 2nd canned experiment from Oskar Blues Brewery, and in typical scottish ale fashion, it runs a dark brown and is a bit sweet for my taste.It may be that I ruined my tastebuds earlier, but I must admit, this one will take a pretty good effort to finish.

Specs:

Full Name: Old Chub Scottish Style Ale
Brewed By: Oskar Blues Brewery
From: Lyons CO
ABV: 8% (only +)

Ok, not worth the empty calories, and I can substitute with a bowl of chocolate ice cream with a walnut brownie on the side....(hey, been working on the house most of the day, so earned it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment