Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 144 - Headwall Alt

This beer has a most boring label, which to some extent, caught my eye and made me look at it and add it to the pipeline.

Still, you don't drink the label, and in this case it's what is inside that counts, and it is darn decent. It says it is a brown ale, and it is indeed dark brown, though still lets light go through. The flavor is a very nice blend of malt and hops, with both present but neither dominating. It easily makes my top 10, and maybe top 5. I could drink this beer on any day of the year and be ok with it.

Specs:

Full Name: Headwall Alt
Brewed By: Tuckerman Brewing Co
From: Conway NH
ABV: unknown (not on bottle or website)

Hum, this is a "german-style" ale, which means, I had to drink a US brewed beer to find a German one I liked...:>)

The sad thing is, I probably won't be able to get any more of this, and the place I got it was an hour away, and per there website, there isn't any place closer. Life can be cruel sometimes.

Ah well, tomorrow night is a new beer.....

No comments:

Post a Comment