Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 139 - Misc

So tonight, it's not about the beer, as I had 4 different ones throughout the evening. It was about fun company. I'm not sure if Karen Koos is the daughter my parents never had, or Doug Koos is the 4th son, or some combination, but both are special people, and I had cocktails, dinner and after dinner drinks with them and local siblings/siblings in law. (all diehard Boston fans, but at least we shared a mutual dislike of the Yankees... ;>) ).

First was a Michelob Ultra, and then we walked to Dennett's, the local wharf restaurant like 25 yards away, where I had a good palie and a decent red ale on tap, and then off to another more upscale (for Castine) drinking hole for another good palie on tap (across the street). I could have pulled another beer from the fridge when I got back, but it is late, like 10pm, and there is still work to do tomorrow. Specifically, drive the hour each way to the closest place with a decent beer selection for the pipeline... ;>) Plus, rating Mich Ultra seems of little value, and the others are draft, so I lack the details of them as well. Still, if you go to Castine Maine, and happen upon Dennett's (with a sign on Hwy 1 thirteen+/- miles away...), they do have some good beers on tap, decent food and a friendly crowd.

Thus, it isn't always about the beer, but about who is with you when you drink it. Tonight will be remembered for the company, and is reminisent of the days of drinking keg beer with fraternity brothers(Chris, Andy, Dean), who make up some of the main commentors on this (via facebook at least).

Enough sappy musings, tomorrow it is back to real beer rating, though I admit, there is another fruited beer in the pipeline - it was one of the few new ones available locally, and no Chris, clearly I don't learn... :>)

No comments:

Post a Comment