Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 143 - Hop Wallop

Sometimes it's not about the beer, but about how much hops is in the beer... ;>)

I successfully replenished my pipeline, with a majority of palies, and have moved the fruited beer to the back row again. This one does indeed have a good hops character, though doesn't quite pack the punch its name would indicate. The good thing though, it is consistent, neither overpowering up front, nor remaining that way well after the swallow. All in all, a very nice ale, though the label is somewhat goofy...

Specs:

Full Name: Hop Wallop Ale
Brewed By :Victory Brewing Co
From: Downington PA (broke the streak of ME beers)
ABV: 8.5% - quite respectable

Scarily, I could have almost finished out this blog with all the fruited beer options they had at the store. Each brewer seems to have 3-4 varieties. Some out there would be glad to hear that I refrained from adding any more of them to my backlog. (though ok, since I leave this Sat, and won't have much room, I didn't want to have to pack a bunch of singles for the trip...)

Yum, I do like hops-heavy beer...

No comments:

Post a Comment