Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day 134 - Shipyard IPA

Another day spent painting (once I had the right colors, mom has like 20 shades of green in the house and the nearest paint store is 1/2 hour away...), but as I needed some groceries as well, I picked this one up as I felt like an IPA and it was there.

The color is a burnished yellow, and the label is cheery, but the taste is just average, as it lacks that true citrusy hops hit that I enjoy. Don't get me wrong though, an average palie is still way better than most other beers, and this one would do well in a mass consumption role, when you want something a bit dry.

Specs:

Full Name: Shipyard IPA
Brewed By: Shipyard Brewing Co
From: Portland ME
ABV: 5.8%

Late in the afternoon I took a break and went kayaking since it was low tide. The water was flat and glassy, making it possible to see the urchins and starfish on the bottom. Now I'm sitting here listening to a seal pounding the water with a fin every few minutes, probably trying to get my attention to see if I'll share one of my beers... ;>)

No comments:

Post a Comment