Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 128 - Frye's Leap

I still had some beers that I brought with me, but then I saw this at the store and couldn't resist another palie and from a relatively local brewery. Dang I like it when I am right.

This is a very tasty brew. A tad more to yellow than the one last night, and it lacks the subtle sweetness, but it has an excellent hops "character" (said with pinky held high up the nose...) without overpowering. This is a great beer to have sitting on the deck watching the sun set over the water and washes the taste of drywall from my mouth quite well.....


Specs:

Full Name: Frye's Leap India Pale Ale
Brewed By: Sebago Brewing Co
From: Gorham ME
ABV: 6.2%

I came up to Maine to help my dad, but hoped I would be able to lose a few pounds gained over this blog period. That is out the window, as it seems my parents are friends with the whole town, and we keep getting invited over to dinner somewhere, which means we are eating very well and no pounds are being lost. It is actually really great to see how much support these people give my dad and mom, and hopefully mom will get well enough to make it up here herself later this summer. At least the house should be in decent shape, assuming we get all the leaks plugged....

No comments:

Post a Comment