Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 141 - Carrabassett

First, Happy Fathers Day to any fathers that read this. Honestly, without my wonderful kids providing inspiration, I might not be writing this... ;>)

Now, I don't know how many private label beers Shipyard brews, but clearly it is as many as they have under their own label. One could speculate why that is, but maybe not whilst I'm in the state....

All in all it is rather boring. Yellow with a tinge of orange, a malty finish, but nothing that is memorable. I think I've said this before, that the "pale ale" designation means that it is a pale imitation of a good ale. The best thing is that when you are thirsty (like I am at the moment), this is a very easy to drink beer, but also easily forgotten.

Specs:

Full Name: Carrabassett Pale Ale
Brewed by: Shipyard Brewing Co
From: Portland ME (again...)
ABV: unknown

Hum, on the web this is brewed by Casco Bay Brewing Co, so I'm figuring that they may have been acquired by Shipyard, since that is what the label says. Ah well, it seems the seal is on to me now, as it is outside slapping the water again. Perhaps the critter that got into the trash the other night is tipping him off... Need to go make my dinner. Alas, I couldn't get the lobsters yesterday at $4.50/lb since I couldn't get them back alive since the place I saw was too far away, and the $5.25 local price is way too much..., so will settle for steak I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment