Monday, June 28, 2010

Day 149 - Lake Trout Stout

So, this beer made the long trip back with me, along with a few others purchased in ME. To be honest, this one was purchased for the name, the fact I hadn't had a bout with a stout in a while, and the other from the brewer was decent.

All in all, this is a good rep of this genre. Deep, dark in color, creamy, roasted malt flavor and a dry finish. Given I am sitting inside with the ac blasting, versus being out in a dog day of summer where the humidity level is the same as the temp, I can get away with drinking this. It might be a different story if that wasn't the case, as a stout and heat don't match up well in my opinion.

Specs:

Full Name: Lake Trout Stout
Brewed By: Sebago Brewing Co
From: Gorham ME
ABV: 5.8%

Hum, the call for dinner came - crab cakes. End of blog for tonight... ;>)

No comments:

Post a Comment