Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day 133 - Wild Raspberry Ale

You know, one of these days I'll learn to keep away from fruited beers. Alas, tonight is not the night. I must admit, the first sip is the worst, and after that it is almost tolerable. I'm thinking that underneath the sweetness (which isn't overpowering luckily), there is porbably a good beer. Hum, maybe this should be classed as a dessert beer, as it might go well with a sweet dessert. I'll leave that to someone else to try....

Specs:

Full Name: Wild Raspberry Ale
Brewed by: Great Divide Brewing Co
From: Denver CO
ABV: 5.6%


So, was reading the label looking for the ABV, and what do they say the beer should be drunk with - fruit desserts. Maybe I can get a job writing beer labels...

My favs remain unchanged: Singha, Lion Lager and Hazed n Infused

1 comment:

  1. Bought one of these down the beach before reading your review. My first reaction was "wow, big head", and the first sip bit back, but after that things settled down. I wouldn't want a six-pack of this, but one is OK once in a while. Of course, I've actually brewed fruity beers :-)

    ReplyDelete