Sunday, June 27, 2010

Day 148 - Meantime

You can tell it was a hot day here. I put the bottle down to take its picture, and it melted into this shape... ;>) Actually, it was a great day, notably for the fact that Ellie and I drove into DC and picked up a 1/2 bushel of crabs (cooked while we waited and still steaming when we got them home) and sat with the kids and Elia (Cullen's gf) and Maddie (old bf of Elizabeth who moved to Winchester years ago, but remains a favorite vistor) all afternoon eating them with corn and tater tots. Yeah baby...

So I had grand hopes for this beer, but am a bit puzzled by it. In my opinion, it is more ale than IPA, as the malt is quite noticeable, while the hops is only in the background. Sniff, sniff. After chocolate fondue for dessert, I was looking for that hoppy bitterness, not more sweetness. This may be a good beer,and I might like it, but I haven't gotten over the disappointment yet

Specs:

Full Name: Meantime IPA
Brewed By: Meantime Brewing Co
From: England
ABV: 7.5%


Still, who could ask for a better way to spend an afternoon, and if the beer for the blog doesn't meet expectations, who cares. There are still over 200 left to go... ;>)

No comments:

Post a Comment