Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 129 - Thunder Hole Ale

So tonight's beer was donated to the cause by yet another good friend of my parents, who had dad and I over for an awesome dinner with a few of her friends. I'm definitely not losing weight this trip...

This one is a rather interesting local brew (and in Maine, local is within 100 miles...), and I'm having to write from memory since I had it over dinner. A brown ale, very heavy on the roasted malt, almost smokey in taste. The good news was, it wasn't overly sweet as some of these beers can be, and was very easy to drink. It isn't a palie, but actually provides a good balance to one, and went well with the hot chocolate cake with fudge inside that we had for dessert.... yummo

Specs:

Full Name: Thunder Hole Ale
Brewed by: Bar Harbor Brewinf Co
From: Bar Harbor ME (pronounced "Bah Hahba")
ABV: 4.8%

It doesn't crack my top 3, but I wouldn't mind having a few of these in my fridge as an alternative, especially since the 22 oz bottle means fewer trips to get the next. Thanks Tina!

No comments:

Post a Comment