Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 140 - Geary's Summer Ale

So, continuing a run of Portland brews, maybe I was sniffing too many paint/caulk/pvc fumes today, but to be honest, this one tastes like all the above. Actually, it has that drag on my tonsil feeling that I get from Belgian ales, so maybe it is made in that style. It's a shame really, I was hoping this one would be decent. The color is nice....


Specs:

Full Name: Geary's Summer Ale
Brewed By: DL Geary Brewing Co
From: Portland ME
ABV: approximately 6 % (per website)


Ah well, not all beer can be great, and it doesn't look like it will be much of a sunset tonight as the wind has brought in some clouds. Given I was up at 5 (dang sunrise is 4:45, and no curtains on the windows in my room either) so a good night to catch up on World Cup matches for the day. Only have made it half way through this one, and am starting to think if the extra calories to finish it are worth then not having a bowl of ice cream later... :>)

One more week up here, then back home I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment