Monday, March 1, 2010

Day 30 - The Duck-Rabbit Milk Stout

Another from the Liz collection, this one has both the color and bold taste to rival a fine dark chocolate, not too bitter, not too sweet, with a dry aftertaste.

Back to the basics. Yeah, yeah, it has the roasted maltiness that is the foundation of stouts, but half way through, and I still can't put my tongue on exactly what is different. I guess it must be the milk sugars. So, sometimes it's best not to over analyze, so we'll go with it is a good drop.




Specs:

Full Name: The Duck-Rabbit Milk Stout
Brewed by: The Duck-Rabbit Craft Brewery
From: Farmville, NC
ABV: 5.7% (it wasn't on the bottle or website, but an email to the brewer was promptly returned!)



Last comments. I'd definitely rate this a "must try", if you like this genre. For me, I might keep one or two on hand just for something different, though they have a brown ale that sounds pretty tasty. I'm not sure if the name is that manly, but the brew leans that direction.... ;>)

1 comment:

  1. At least I can claim to have tasted something from this brewery. I like both their porter and their brown ale. I think some of their stuff is available on tap at our local favorite pizza joint ...

    ReplyDelete