Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day 53 - India Ale

Still in "big bottle" mode, but this one came from another outing this afternoon to replenish the supply (no, I'm not avoiding the wheat I had left, well, ok, yes I am.......)

I was thinking an India Ale would be more hops-heavy, but perhaps getting a bit of an education here, this English brew is a well-balanced effort. Sweet potato orange in color, hum, perhaps lightened with a sizeable dollup of butter, it has a solid personality. Full flavor of malt trailing into a dry finish. Quite a good choice overall, though not enough to deter my desire to move to CO.....


Specs:

Full Name: Samuel Smith's India Ale
Brewed By: Samuel Smith Old Brewery
From: Tadcaster, N. Yorkshire, England
ABV: n/a


A little more education here, but IPAs were developed by the English to ship to India (a 3-4 month trip back in the day, ie late 18th to 19th century...), with the hops acting as a preservative. Who knew??? I mean, great flavor and no nasty disease is a good thing!

Same favs: Lion Lager, Singha, Hazed & Infused


I did get some additional interesting ones to hold me for another six-pack of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment