Sunday, March 7, 2010

Day 36 - Kostritzer

My weekend life revolves around fixing cars it seems, and this afternoon I tried and failed rather spectacularly at getting the sunroof to work again. Now I have a nice hole in the roof of my car and liner hanging down on the inside so you can't see out the back window...

Ah well, at least I have my beer to dull the pain, another black lager, this one from Germany. Yep. it is indeed black. Other than that, it is mostly forgetable, sigh. Ok, it was easy to drink, and had a roasted malt flavor that put it one rung over mass-domestics, but add a relatively low ABV and you are only a few steps above flavored water. I'm thinking that most beeers are brewed to be acceptable by the masses, by which I mean those people that don't drink beer looking for good taste.

Specs:

Full Name: Kostritzer Schwartzbier

Brewed by: Köstritzer Schwarzbierbrauerei GmbH

From: Germany

ABV: 4.8%


Maybe this really is a sign that I should stick to pale ales.... ;>)

No comments:

Post a Comment