Sunday, March 14, 2010

Day 43 - O'hara's Irish Stout

This was a day of a lost hour (aka daylights savings time, which didn't save me squat today...), plus driving to Charlottesville and back to talk fraternity business, so I was ready for a comfort brew when I got home.

While I haven't had this brand before, it meets my expectations - deep brown color, creamy texture, and the perfect "a few thousand miles past the 3k mile suggested change time for your oil" taste. Admittedly, and I may be premature here but out the limb I go, no stout or porter will probably break my top 3 during the year. Still, there are times when one of these types just is a good decision, and this one has many of the right attributes, plus a light finish, that makes it a viable choice, especially if you want the taste without the heaviness. The ABV of this is a tad on the low side, but again, there are times (yes, few as they may be Chris/Dean..) where that isn't all bad.


Specs:

Full Name: O'hara's Irish Stout

Brewed by: Carlow Brewing Company

From: Carlow, Ireland

ABV: 4.3%

Upon reflection, this one is very close to being a black lager, but hey, in the end, call it what you will, it has a decent taste and freshness that makes it worth drinking.

Top 3 favs (unchanged): Singha, Lion Lager, Hoptical Illusion

No comments:

Post a Comment