Monday, March 29, 2010

Day 58 - Chimay Ale

This one is relatively well known, and a classic, if not export version, example of the trappist style.

My favorite part - its 9% ABV. After that, in my probably blasphemous opinion, it has the sweat (oops typo, I mean sweet...) yet tangy taste of liquid strained through unwashed socks. No knock against the monks who make this, it most likely is very good and my taste poor. There is just something about this style that grabs my tonsils and tries to drag them down my throat as it goes by.

Specs:

Full Name: Chimay Ale

Brewed by: Scourmont Abbey

From: Belgium

ABV: 9%





I must say, it has been a tough stretch of beers the last week or so, and my options down here in NC are somewhat limited (at least in acquiring singles, there are more options in 6 packs, so if need be, I will go that route)

No comments:

Post a Comment