Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 60 - Carolina Strawberry Ale

I can hear the girl comments already, and the truth is, this is the same brewery that failed at the palie the other day, so my hopes of a decent beer were pretty non-existent.....

Maybe it is because it was sunny and almost 80 today, or maybe after a couple of tough work days I am feeling like pounded meat, but I am going with my gut reaction that it actually exceeded my expectations. Not only that, I'd even take it one step further, that if you took out the strawberry, this might have been almost decent. Once you get over the breakfast cereal sweetness, there is a hint of honest ale.

Specs:

Full Name: Carolina Strawberry Ale
Brewed By: Carolina Beer Company
From: Mooresville NC
ABV: 4.6%

Ok, two months in, and I am still learning/experimenting, with a long way to go, both in education and consumption (still approx 3,700 oz left at least.... Since it has been a while, I figure I'd remind anyone reading this that I'm open for recommendations, especially in the form of donations. ;>)

Favs still the same: Lion Lager, Singha, Hazed & Confused

Speaking of the last, I still have a 5 pack waiting for my return home. My mom is making progress, which is great (though not as fast as she wants, but this is not something that can be rushed). So, most likely I will head back to NoVa this weekend. Hum, will have to get there in time to fill the pipeline.

No comments:

Post a Comment