Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 32 - Fisherman's Brew

I must admit, this was purchased purely on name, with no hope of any real quality. Good news is, it exceeds that expectation...

An amber lager, the color is akin to an ale, which is to say a few shades towards brown from yellow. It has a surprisingly malty overtone for a lager, which I find an acceptable change of pace. I could actually picture myself sitting there on a wharf, fishing pole in one hand, a bottle of this in the other, though the picture might change for the 2nd, 3rd or 4th. I mean, while it exceeds expectations, it isn't going to be my bbe (best beer ever.....)



Full Name: Fisherman's Brew American Amber Lager

Brewed by: Cape Ann Brewing Company under contract with Olde Sarasota Brewing (Sarasota Springs, NY)

From: Gloucester, MA

ABV: 5.5%


So, overall not a bad brew, but I'm not planning a trip to MA just for this. It doesn't disappoint, and might be a good substitution for it's better known local competitor Sam Adams, but that is a different testing. Newly added to my goal list is finding a different beer from each state. Some might be tricky.....

Donations are still welcomed! ;>)

No comments:

Post a Comment