Friday, March 26, 2010

Day 55 - Lion Stout

IT'S FRIDAY!!!!

I have seen this before, but had held off adding it to the pipeline given other alternatives. Since the options here in NC are somewhat more limited, it seemed like a perfect time to try it, especially given how much I enjoy their lager.

No doubt, it's a stout.... Stygian black, creamy pour, sahara dry finish after a face-slapping mix of honey and unsweetened chocolate. I'm thinking that if you are a fan of this genre, you would like it. I keep trying, and can almost get there, but there is just something about the sweetness that leaves me wishing for a palie.

Specs:

Full Name: Lion Stout
Brewed By: Lion Brewery
From: Sri Lanka
ABV: 8% (very respectable)


After a break to get my mom some dessert, I think it's time to watch some b-ball. I had a recommendation to keep count of how many of these I'd actually drink again, which sounds like a good idea to start tomorrow...

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment