Monday, March 15, 2010

Day 44 - Murphy's Stout

Well, Cullen has returned to college, and my pipeline is showing the effects of his being home for a week - that is, it is diminished, and I probably will have to make a run before the weekend, lest I be stuck with a something terribly domestic....

Of the choices left, this, a fruited wheat or a extremely promising paley (hum, did I just coin a new reference term for pale ale, you heard it here first!), I chose this because I could write more gibberish about the process of chosing it rather than about it itself, which in the end, isn't really worth writing much about per se.

Still, back to task. It's Dr Pepper dark, hand lotion smooth, and tastes like someone threw a handful of very used coffee grounds in some water and let it steep for a few minutes.



Specs:

Full Name: Murphy's Draft Style Stout
Brewed by: Scottish and Newcastle UK Ltd
From: Edinburgh, UK
ABV: unknown, unfindable, and frankly, not worried about it


BTW, it claims as a differentiator from other stouts the fact that it is lighter. This is not a plus in my book, as therefore it lacks character. Another beer to drink when you don't really drink beer...

On a postive note, I just talked to my dad, and while still a long way to go in rehab, my mom is recovering from her surgery and hopefully be well enough to be released this week. Means I'm off to NC to help out around the house and drink my dad's good scotch for a spell. No worries, the beer fest will continue!

2 comments:

  1. Wow... I've had Murphy's on tap many times, and loved it! I actually prefer it to Guinness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, two things against it maybe. One, it came out of a can, and two, I'm not a huge stout fan. Hum, it might be good in a black and tan though....

    ReplyDelete