Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day 35 - Purple Haze / Shoals Pale Ale

So, we were having a kind of early dinner because Liz was going out with a friend, and she wanted me to pull out another from her selection, thus this raspberry wheat. To be honest, I was kind of hoping it would be really sweet/fruity, so I could trash talk it, but at best it is very faint background noise in an otherwise rather common beer. I mean, it doesn't taste like horse urine, but it certainly is snooze city. Again, maybe just another for the "just to look cool" genre for those that like their beer bland. I at least can cross another state off the list, though I hope this isn't the best LA has....


Specs:


Full Name: Purple Haze Raspberry Wheat Brew
Brewed by: Abita Brewing Company
From: Abita Springs, LA
ABV: wasn't on bottle, didn't really care to look it up







Now for the twist. Being the totaly wild/crazy guy I am, I decided that tonight I'd go for two. Plus, I really wanted a pale ale anyway and the Purple Haze provided a perfect excuse. I mean, who could blame me, and since I'd had the IPA from this brewer on day 10 I think, it was kind of like not really breaking the rule of one different/day...(Hum, what sets humans apart - ability to rationalize)



Aahhhhhh, good choice if I may say so. Like the IPA, this has the grapefruity bitterness that I really enjoy, with a clean finish. Just another excellent beer. One of my dreams is owning land with some water to fish, but I might have to add the criteria of within driving distance of this brewery.



Specs:

Full Name: Shoals Pale Ale
Brewed by: Smuttynose Brewing Co
From: Portsmouth, NH
ABV: 5.5% (a bit low, but then, sometimes it isn't about the alcohol...)

No comments:

Post a Comment