Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day 59 - Fire Rock

Another one of those days where every rock you throw up in the air lands back on your head. Ok, some may quit after the first one, but I like throwing rocks....

So feeling sorry for my now sore and lumpy head, I went for the pale ale, of which I had a six pack. In a particular mood to be very methodical and not rush things (aka, quite thirsty and ok with having more than 1...), I gave this one room to impress. It tried to be big, but at best is a decent size foyer, nice enough to pass through on the way to a something better. A decent sandy beach color, with the minimum hops character, but then disappears.


Specs:
Full Name: Fire Rock Pale Ale
Brewed By: Kona Brewery
From: Portsmouth NH (via Kona HI)
ABV: n/a
You know, another education I am getting from this is the fact that some beers appear to be from one location, but are actually brewed in another. I wouldn't have made a special trip to Hawaii for this one, though also wouldn't have turned one down. I'm not even sure if I can claim an Hawaiian beer for my list now....pffft
Oh well, I still have over 300 left to go.... ;>)

1 comment:

  1. I had the draft version of this tonight at the local wing house. Very nice. A friend who was with us and had one himself opined that the real Kona Fire Rock draft - in Hawaii - is actually very good, and agreed with you that the bottled version is "awful".

    ReplyDelete