Monday, March 22, 2010

Day 51 - Red Stripe

You know, my beer consumption is influenced by many things: sometimes you drink beer to forget, sometimes you drink to remember, even if that means taste is not the top priority....

In this case, it is all about memories (well, that and the fact that Ellie went beer shopping with my dad the other day to fill my pipeline while I played the doting son and stayed home with mom, and she picked this one up knowing I hadn't blogged it yet..)

Admittedly, I had this one last fall when we went to a wedding in Jamaica (the Proc's daughter Sara). It is your basic lager, with a dry finish that gives it a bit of personality. Still, I don't so much taste the beer as remember the sun, water and great time. So, I wouldn't go so far as to recommend a trip to Jamaica just for this beer, but then, do you really need such an excuse?



Specs:

Full Name: Red Stripe Jamaican Lager
Brewed by: Desnoes & Geddes Limited
From: Kingston, Jamaica
ABV: 4.93%


This is a safe bet for those who stay on the beer highway and don't like to go off-roading. It even is in a 24 oz bottle, so you don't have to stop for refills that often..... ;>)

Mom is doing well, making dad and I watch Dancing With The Stars.....ugh, probably should have been drinking the spiced wheat I have....

3 comments:

  1. Hooray beer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true: "...I don't so much taste the beer as remember the sun, water and great time."

    I cannot drink a Red Stripe unless it is a hot day AND I am in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John,

    I don't know if you are immplying that is because that is the only time it is drinkable, or because of the nostalgia effect... ;>)

    Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete