Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Day 11 - Slim Chance

A funny thing happened on the way to my computer to write the blog tonight. The beer started out as Winter's Bourbon Cask Ale by Michelob, but, and ok, my bad for not reading the fine print on the label first, it contained vanilla. Ugh, who puts vanilla in beer??? Life is too short, not to mention, there are way more than 365 different beers in the world, so why waste a good opportunity on blech.


Thus, had to go to plan B. This was one I had picked up for the label, not realizing that it was a light beer (hum, a pattern of not reading labels seems to be the recurring theme). Then I thought, why waste one of the others I have left to wash the vanilla out of my mouth, when a light beer is around to do the trick, and hey, isn't this really about keeping an open mind?

So here I am, saving a few calories, and in all fairness, thinking to myself that it isn't half bad. A faint hint of hops followed by smooth taste. In the end, the vanilla taste is gone, and my horizons expanded (and waistline not so much...). If there comes a time when I am inclined to drink light beer, this would be worth putting on the list.


Name: Slim Chance

Brewed by: Redhook Ale Brewery

From: Portsmouth, NH







No comments:

Post a Comment