Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 14 - Tooheys New

Just when you think things are somewhat settled again, an 11:30pm call last night from a panicked Elizabeth because it sounded like my car was going to explode, meant that what was supposed to be a calm restful saturday, turned into a "find out the exhaust system is broken, spend all day trying to get off rusted bolts lying on my back on cold pavement, and still not be finished yet" kind of day. sigh, no rest for the weary.....

So, I was in need a a bit of a treat, and thus pulled out this beer. I was excited to find it, as I hadn't had this in almost 30 years. Yes, yes, why another plain beer right after another lager you ask. Since that is a rhetorical question, I'll ignore it.

This is just another great comfort brew. Super smooth, maybe a smidge on the sweeter side, but an acceptable personality quirk. True, it probably is at its best in the heat of summer, but truly anytime you want to have a couple, you won't go wrong here. A solid 2-3 6 packs. The color is liquid sunshine.

Facts:

Full Name: Tooheys New
Brewed by: Tooheys Pty Ltd (since 1869)
Location: Lidcombe, Australia




No comments:

Post a Comment