Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day 8 - Allagash White

Another long, hard day of shoveling snow and helping push cars that got stuck means I definitely deserve to relax and enjoy the Super Bowl, though the planned party at our friends the Prochnows isn't going to fly (mainly because I can't and my car won't make it out the neighborhood....)

Tonight's beer is an American effort at a belgian wheat. Yes, ok, I know, a spiced wheat beer isn't real macho, but sometimes, you just have to expand your horizons, and this one actually works on a cold night. It has the classic "sunlight streaming through flour dust hanging in the air" color, and good flavor without overpoweringly complex flavors, which is all I want from a wheat beer. I probably couldn't sit and drink a six pack, but then, I might keep one on hand for good friends who I know really like this style, while I switch to something else for a second or third during the game.....


Name: Allagash White

Brewer: Allagash Brewing Company

Location: Portland, Maine



Overall, a good beer, especially if you prefer this genre.

Ok, enough, the Super Bowl has started!

No comments:

Post a Comment