Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day 26 - The Love

So, had Liz along with me when I went on a replenish run this evening, and this is a result of her influence. The remainder of the 6 pack clearly bears her mark as well....

Getting past the ultimate fufu name, this is actually an honest, straight-up wheat beer. Cloudy yellow, not a sniff of hoppy bitterness, with a subtle clove sweetness enough to make it abundantly clear that it is a wheat beer, without overdoing it. I drank this while having a chocolate chip cookie, and it worked! I'd be inclined to keep this one on hand for friends that like wheats, and put some orange/lemon slices next to them.


Specs:

Full Name: The Love Wheat Beer
Brewed by: Starr Hill Brewery LLC
From: Crozet VA (originally started in Charlottesville...)
ABV: 4.6%


I have a feeling that my younger brother might give me some grief over this one on a couple of levels, but hey, I'm making the path here (ignoring the fact that Liz picked it out...) and for me it's all about testing, and yes, retesting, limits. I actually am on a quest now to find a great boutique beer, as there is a certain crotchity old frat brother who seems to think that there is no such thing. Gotta love the challenge!!





1 comment:

  1. Hey, we all go through phases and I have certainly enjoyed wheat beers in the past. I also understand the influences (both healthy and unhealthy) that daughters can apply. Still the score; 3 fru fru beers have been tasted, 0 porter ... Seems kind of lopsided. At least you are having fun!

    Good luck on that quest for a great boutique beer

    ReplyDelete