Sunday, February 21, 2010

Day 22 - Polestar Pilsner

Another weekend comes to a close, and another beer chosen for the name/label.

Sadly, it doesn't quite live up to its claim as the "Best Lager in America" as published in Mens Journal, Oct '09. I almost thought I was pouring water it was so pale yellow, and the taste just isn't remarkable. It's only real redeeming feature is a dominant hops character, but even that is a layup, not a slam dunk..... (football over, college hoops rules!!)

It is very easy to drink, and probably no one would complain at a party if you served this, but if it were me, after one I'd be unobtrusively rooting around the cooler/frig to see what else was available. Ok, yes, it's not bad enough to make me switch to wine, but would definitely lose to a decent single malt or bourbon. Hum, note to self, maybe for 50th should present myself with a "whiskey of the week".

Specs:

Full name:Polestar Pilsner
Brewed by: Left Hand Brewing Co
From: Longmont CO
ABV: 5%

All the beers I have left are US brewed (7-8). I think I'm going to have to go back out of the country for a few days for some perspective, which means another trip to the store. Ah, the heavy burden of being ISO great beer...... ;>)

No comments:

Post a Comment