Friday, February 12, 2010

Day 13 - Mythos

Tonight, it wasn't so much about the beer, but the company. Ellie and I went out with my Aunt Caroline (my dad's sister) and Uncle Bill to a Greek restaurant, and had a very nice, relaxed time. Of course, I had a Greek beer to keep the streak going. This is a fairly standard lager, which means it was easy to drink and doesn't pretend to be anything else other than an alcoholic beverage made from barley, malt, hops, yeast and water. Oh, and it didn't compete or conflict with the very tasty lamb in lemon sauce that I ordered. yum.......

A funny story, but I was the last to arrive at the restaurant, with everyone coming from work etc, and Uncle Bill was telling me that he had hand picked a 6 pack of unusual beers for my birthday present (even before he knew I was doing this!). Unwrapping it at the table it contained a mix of Michelob Ultra, Budweiser and Sam Adams. As it turns out, Aunty C had grabbed and wrapped the wrong 6 pack from their fridge, with her comment being "beer is beer". Yes, I know, sacrilege, but actually, that is ok, someone has to drink the mass brewed stuff and leave the good brews for me.. ;>)

I'll have to wait another day to see the intended, but am definitely looking forward to it, thanks Uncle Bill!

Full Name: Mythos Hellenic Lager Beer
Brewed by: Mythos Brewing Company
From: Sindos, Greece

No comments:

Post a Comment