Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day 7 - Small Craft Warning

Given the amount of heavy snow lifting I did today, I let myself start a bit early... ;>)

Tonight I went with one of the new additions, a US pilsner. For me, the colder it is outside, the more taste I want in my beer, and lagers tend to be more on the refreshment and ease of drinkability side, rather than heavy flavor (IMHO). This beer starts with a promising hops hit, but it kind of finishes weak, leaving my taste buds pouting. Interestingly, I keep taking another drink, like I think maybe this time it will be really good, but it isn't, but then I take another sip anyway, and now it is gone. Hum, perhaps that is the intent, make them drink more.....tricksy brewer!


So, if this is there to drink, and you are on the water and thus in the spirit of the name, then by all means drink it. It has a clear, burnt yellow color (remembered to pour a little into a clear glass first to check...), but then, it comes in a brown bottle, and probably isn't poured into a glass often, so it just doesn't matter. The ladies out there may appreciate the artsy label...

The Specs:

Full Name: Heavy Seas - Small Craft Warning

Brewed by: Clipper City Brewing Company

From: Baltimore MD

Rating: One bottle (worth trying it, and some may really like it, as in the end, it is easy to drink).

No comments:

Post a Comment