Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day 4: Noel des Geants

This one was a last minute pick, as it was on the sale rack as I was heading to check out, and the label caught my eye.




Name: Noel des Geants
Brewed by: Brasserie des Legendes
Location: Medieval Castle of Irchonwelz, Ath, Belgium



A somewhat typical belgian ale, cloudy yellow, the sweetness of the malt dominating, imparting a subtle clove-esque taste, with no trace of hops. It's pretty decent if you like that style, but is a bit fu-fu for my general taste. If you have a fire in the fireplace and snacking on brie while wearing a bulky wool sweater, this ale would not be gauche......

Buy a bottle if you like belgian ale, but I'm not going beyond that.


That said, I didn't have a problem making it to the bottom of the bottle. ;>)

No comments:

Post a Comment