Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 25 - Kalamazoo Stout

Another busy day topped with a late demo of CrossPoint to some prospects, means no trip to Total Wine and that I'm still limited to what I had on hand. Sure, I could have gone with another pale ale, but being a wild and crazy guy, I chose the only other option ......

A shot glass of this was like a little black hole, no light in or out, but then this isn't about looks so bottoms up and down it went. Big flavor, not too sweet though hints of licorice, which is not high on my list of favorite tastes, but a clean finish and in the end but pretty dang tasty.



Specs


Full Name: Bell's Kalamazoo Stout
Brewed by: Bells Brewery Inc
From: Comstock MI
ABV: 6%



This was my dessert tonight, complimenting a late dinner of hickory-smoked chicken and salad. Now I'm totally stuffed, so yep, it met expectations. I'm thinking that every well stocked beer fridge should have a stout for such occasions. Should it be this one, that's a bit premature to say maybe, but if it is, and I have the room, I'd grab it.







1 comment:

  1. Be advised that Bell's does not filter most of their beers, so there will be sediment in the bottom of most bottles. For Bell's you use a glass.

    ReplyDelete