Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 3 - Lion Lager

In full disclosure, I have had this beer before, only twice, and recently... it doesn't count as a repeat, since I make the rules!




Name: Lion Lager

Brewed by: Lion Brewery, Biyagama, Sri Lanka

Brewed since : 1881 (they definitely got it right!)


It is a really tasty lager, full of flavor without overpowering, so even the most squeamish beer drinkers who usually stick to mainstream stuff might actually like it. I could drink it anytime, anywhere, and would almost consider a trip to the brewery just to sample the non-export stuff.

At less than $2 a bottle, it isn't cheap, but then, isn't the most expensive either. I'd buy a case, but would be tempted to only share it with those I know appreciate good beer.

Sniff, sniff - my bottle is empty....



until tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. This is fun -- and I don't even drink beer.

    ReplyDelete