Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day 19 - East India Pale Ale

Yes, I know, another pale ale, but there is a good reason. This one was consumed at a bar, while I was trying to unsuccessfully meet some people. The other options were the Wichwood already on the list, Heineken, Amstel Light, some other light beer, and a non-alcoholic brew (like the last was even an option.....).

For a pale ale, this one had a very dark tannic color, and yes, the requisite hoppy dryness to sate my thirst and dull the annoyance of not connecting with the folks I was trying to. Not a truly level emotional field to judge it given the circumstances, but it was quite good, and I would absolutely have it again, and then again, and then again, just to really be fair..... ;>)


Full name: East India Pale Ale
Brewed by: Brooklyn Brewery
From: Brooklyn NY
ABV: 6.8%


BTW, the bartender approved of my present to myself, and being from the west coast, also knew of the Apricot Ale I had last night. Not surprisingly, he said that it was a favorite of his sister...

2 comments:

  1. Mmm ... Brooklyn Brewery. "Brooklyn Brown" is a great ale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need more info - alcohol content, hops type

    ReplyDelete