Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 2 - Hobgoblin Dark English Ale


Day 2 finds me sampling :
Hobgoblin Dark English Ale
By Wychwood Brewery, Oxfordshire England

A very smooth dark ale, easy on the palate with just the right (in my opinion)amount of that dark roasted barley taste. No aftertaste to speak, and to be honest, I don't get any fruit or wood overtones here, which is good, since it is beer and not some pinky-in-the-air wine.....
It was suggested that I rate each beer, so I came up with the following scale:
Pffft - Not worth the glass it is bottled in
Cheap - Only buy it because it is cheap, but only give to "friends"
Single - Worth the try to say you have
6 pack - Worth buying a six pack for yourself and good friends
Case - Worth buying a case for yourself and good friends
TDF - To die for, buying the brewery
Last night was probably a single, I'd put this one between a 6 pack and a case.
This is fun... ;>)

No comments:

Post a Comment